The Electra is the culmination of my decades of shaping and designing which have been in part steered by free-form experimentation on one hand and refinement and honing for pro surfers on the other. Rarely has there been a board that is so high performance yet so ride-able. Here is a list of elements that are infused into the one craft:
- the entry rocker is on the low side for quick pick up, drive and flow.
- the tail rocker curls away to add greater response off the tail
- a stinger (eg at 17″ on a 5’8″) is placed at the tail at 25% of the board length.
- the stinger narrows the tail and allows the fins to be placed about 2″ forward.
- the planshape between the feet is more parallel to enhance hold and drive.
- the concave is deeper than usual and placed between the feet to reduce the need for foot movement.
- the rails are lower than what most shapers use and adds even more speed and grip.
- the flexing quad and tri fin set ups add grip, speed and response even further.